CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 11, 2007

For Jill (and anyone else)

These are 3-year-old photos, but the only ones I could find to show off our first 'child', Identity Hair Salon. Some of you have been there, some have not, but here it is. This is where I spend most of my time away from home. The girls there are awesome; they're my extended family, for sure!! These aren't the best photos, but you get the general idea.


This is sometime in July or August of 2004 (we opened in September 04.) We started with an empty shell of a room, and had to add pretty much everything.


















This is our shopping center. Most of the empty storefronts are filled now, but when we started, I had my pick of which one to use. It always reminds me of the end of The Sound of Music, like I expect to see Nazi soldiers in each doorway.....anyone else?














The shampoo area. Pretty self-explanatory.
















This is the night before we opened. We were finishing the final touches on the salon, while getting all of our own hair done at the same time. :) Notice the tupperware sitting on the half-wall....its holding finger puppets for the kids to play with. (Weren't those from Jenni, I think? They're very useful!!!)














From the outside, looking in.














This is Andi, one of our stylists, on opening day.















The front desk/waiting area

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that's nice, I've seen it, you made Jill happy, now show us your belly!

A Fresh Wind Children's Ministry said...

Ahhhh...a good haircut is but a distant memory. Schedule me an appointment sometime in the end of '08!!!

Jill said...

So was Barb your first customer?? Thanks for finally sharing them with me. It's so cute, and I'm so impressed with what you have accomplished. Lori said she'd post a photo modeling every piece of maternity clothing that I took up to her, so I'm waiting... I found 4 more things I forgot to give you so I may throw them in the mail.