CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

My very grown-up little boy

Quinn is feeling a lot better, pretty much back to his usual crazy self. He seems so grown up though! Just today, he's started answering "yeah" (he's been saying "no" forever, and nodding his head yes. Today's the first time he's said it though.)

He's decided he's outgrown his high chair; for the past few days he's thrown a complete fit at every meal, and I blamed it on the sickness, but then I thought maybe it was more than that...so I put his little booster chair on the big dining chair and he looked at it and said "yeah". Go figure. He ate all three meals in that chair, pushed right up to the big table with me, happy as ever.

Then this afternoon, while we were playing, first he walked over to me wearing my tennis shoes--such a big kid move!-- and then a little while later, he got up on his own, got a kleenex, and brought it to me so I could wipe his nose for him.

He just seems so grown up today.
Yeah.

6 comments:

A said...

We noticed the same thing with Tucker, and now that we have a baby in the house, Tucker seems even bigger. His favorite thing to do is to poop in his diaper, and then come over to one of us, point at his butt, and tell us to "get it"

~Lori said...

haha! That's funny! At least it's in his diaper, and not in the tub. Quinn seems to think that's pretty funny these days. Yuck.

Jill said...

so are you proud and sad at the same time, since he's growing up so fast?

aunt nancy said...

I get the fascination with shoes, but I've never seen a kid who likes his nose wiped, let alone gets the Kleenex for it. Maybe he can teach some of my little kids about that.

Amy Covey said...

Don't you wish you could just "freeze" them and keep them the age they are? Before you know it he'll be almost 12 and almost as tall as you like my "baby" is!

Brenda said...

oh stop....don't let him grow up yet!!!