CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 26, 2008

Where have i been?!

What have I been doing, other than blogging? Mostly watching Backyardigans and Blues Clues, playing with baby toys on the floor, and chasing Q around the house....but when I'm not doing that, I'm catching up on dishes and laundry, working extra nights at work to get all of my clients in, taking walks in this awesome fall weather, and catching an occasional high school football game.
And trying to catch up on sleep during the day, since Quinn has taken to waking up in the night, fo no apparent reason other than to hang out with me for an hour or so.....EVERY night. Don't get me wrong, the attention is sweet and I appreciate that he wants to hang out with me so much, but really....at 3 a.m.???

I gave him a 'real' haircut this weekend. After last week's 'starter' haircut, we saw how well he'd sit for it, so I cut the rest. He's got a cute little boy haircut now. I have pictures, but that would mean I'd have to get them from my camera to the computer, and that's going to have to wait.

Also, in my "free time" (haha!) I've been reading the Twilight series. It's a 4-book series of a high school girl caught in a love triangle between a vampire and a werewolf... it's technically a young adult book, but it's good so I don't care that it's made for 8th graders! Anyway, we have all 4 books between us girls at work, so we've been passing them around the salon. I'm on book #3, and I have two girls who have finished 1 and 2, and are waiting on me to finish the 3rd book....so I have to finish it tonight.
I did get some reading in this morning, early, after Quinn finally went back to bed at 4:30, at which point I was wide awake, so I decided to read a few chapters.

And how do I stay awake during the days after my middle of the night playdates? Aside from my usual coffee, I've found a new yummy drink: the Burger King Mocha Joe iced coffee. It's soooo good. It's like a milkshake for breakfast. It's similar to the Tim Horton's iced capp's, but it's not frozen. So good.

Time to go read.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the update, because I have been wondering where you were. Quinn's a little young for this, but for a while we'd put K's sleeping bag on the floor next to our bed. If he came into our room, that's where he got to sleep, unless it was storming.
Some Sat. night you might want to try letting him cry it out.

Brenda said...

i am reading those two...and the funny thing is my hairstylist highly recommended it to me this summer! i read one, then read the second one in less than a week...i am addicted...i must get three! you know the movie is coming out in december, right? i wanna read them all first...very halloweeny i think! jill is reading them too.

Anonymous said...

yay for bella and edward. I'm on book 2-- taking a while since Trey's interest in books has grown.... as in tearing the pages. So I have to read it in secret!

Jill said...

I am going to start the first book this weekend!

Amy Covey said...

It's official...I am going to have to start reading those books. I have heard so much about them, but never knew anyone that read them personally. Since you, Brenda, and Jill all are reading them I am sure I'll love them (plus I don't want to be left out!)