CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Highlights of the past week:

1. Quinn got a new winter hat and actually keeps it on his head, which is a new development for him. I guess his ears finally got cold enough to not throw the hat on the ground.
2. I made my first ever batch of buckeyes. Yummy!

3. Joe graduated. OK, technically he already graduated back in the summer when he was in Switzerland, but he wanted to walk in the formal ceremony at U of M....he was the only one out of his global program to participate in the festivities, but even so, he was still glad he went.
4. Snow day today for Joe, and it's my day off, so the 3 of us got to hang out at home together all day. We all slept in and enjoyed our lazy day!

5. Not really a highlight, but we got the results back from Quinn's allergy tests (he had a reaction to something last week and had to spend a couple hours of monitoring in the ER, then blood tests later in the week. Ugh.) Turns out he's allergic to eggs, which limits a lot of what he can eat. I'm quickly becoming educated on food allergies and how to deal with and cook for it.

Other than that, I'm trying to get ready for Christmas...I (finally) started Christmas cards today, and we did some shopping over the weekend, but there's still more to do. Hopefully Friday is the day to get that finished...I'm looking forward to our family get together on Sunday- and am still in search of a white elephant exchange gift!

5 comments:

Amy Covey said...

1. Quinn looks adorable, but can he move?
2. YUMMY!! I hoping to make some later this week.
3. CONGRATS to Joe!
4. We finally got a snow day today - can't wait to get some things done!
5. Sorry to hear about Q's allergy. Is that something he will outgrow?

We'll miss you guys this weekend!

Anonymous said...

Buckeyes for Joe's UM graduation? I love it. Kyle made some for his work women. Maybe we could do a taste test. That blue sash looks really nice!! Let's hope the snow is only decorative this weekend. See ya!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear I am not the only one who is still searching for the appropriate White Elephant gift :)
MOM

JH said...

Eggs - wow! Will he grow out of that or is it a forever thing. I am allergic to Bruce however the rash is just starting to go away.

Jill said...

Egg allergy... that stinks. I am so glad neither of my kids have food allergies as of now. Congrats Joe!