CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 03, 2006

I'm Bringing Eighties Back!!

So we're starting a new movement at work, trying to bring back some old slang. We figure if side ponytails and leggings can make a comeback, so can 80's words!!
So far, so good. We use these in conversation at the salon (people crack up, really!) and we've got a representative to OSU, a scattering of local high schools, Tiffin University, Springfield City, Urbana, even the elemetary schools.

But now, we're taking it to the next level, and this is where I need YOU~
Between all of my faithful readers, I've got representation in Michigan, Texas, most of Ohio, Virginia, and Kosovo! (Yes, we're taking this international!)

All you have to do is insert a few old words back in to your vocabulary. It's fun, and funny too! You'll get a good laugh, others will too, and eventually when they're saying "I'm Hip" on Laguna Beach, we can say we brought it back.

(Yes, we often entertain ourselves at work in this way...just go with it.)

Here's your list:
I'm Hip
Sike!
Word, Word Up, Word to your mother; any combination of these is fine
and if you can pull it off: "Gag me with a spoon"!

Any other suggestions are welcomed.
Thanks for helping to bring a little fun to others. :)

6 comments:

A said...

This is a totally rad idea.

Anonymous said...

My bad! Ok, maybe that's early 90s, but I'm so hip, I used that in the 80s. Sike!! How about "That's tight"?
Your gnarly aunt.

Anonymous said...

I'll try but I wasn't very 80's in the real 80's so this may be a stretch. Aunt Jenni

Jill said...

Word up... Marc's got you covered on "Word"... his favorite one word response to most anything I say to him.

~Lori said...

Rad. Very rad. That one's tight, McFly!
Ooooh- My Bad! Good one Nancy!
Awesome. Totally awesome.

Anonymous said...

What a wicked idea! for sure

MOM