CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Today's Etiquette Lesson

The following is a list of things NOT to say to a pregnant woman, especially one who is holding scissors, and has 10 more weeks to go:

1. "WOW. You are going to have a BIG baby!"

2. "You must be due any day now?!"

3. "Are you sure you aren't having twins? Really? Are you SURE? I mean, did the doctor check for twins? They did? And they're sure there's only one? There's not another one hiding in there???"

6 comments:

Brenda said...

also..."You are going to have that baby early...I can tell" as you go two weeks past your delivery date. I've heard them all!

Brenda said...

What is your due date? I was thinking you could shoot for another October 22 baby!

Anonymous said...

The twins comment made me laugh!!! It must be a Lehman sister thing. With Rylee, I had people say the same thing(sure that the doctors had no clue what they were doing). Oh - and October 22 sounds great to me too!!!
Kara

Amy Covey said...

How about the spontaneous belly rubbing or patting? I had total strangers pat my stomach or ask if they could. STRANGE!

And...just wait for all the unsolicited advice you get AFTER the baby is born. Apparently everyone you meet was a MODEL PARENT and can't wait to share their advice with you.

Anonymous said...

My favorite one is "oh when are you due?" you tell them...their eyes get real big while looking at your stomach... "OH WOW! That much longer?! I thought you were further along."

Yes, you're right. I'm enormous.

Anonymous said...

How about the ones who want to tell you every gory detail about their deliveries 20+ years ago? Or worse, maybe, the ones who never had 1 iota of pain or discomfort and go from labor to delivery in 2 hours, then go home wearing skinny jeans!!