CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

We're headed to the (south) east coast for vacation this year. One of our stops is Savannah, and I had a couple people say that if we're going there, I MUST see/read "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" before I go.
So I went to the library, checked out the book, and now am about a third of the way through it. So far, it's pretty good. I think I'm into it because a lot of the story is about the city itself, and I am looking forward to going there.... but since I've started reading it, everyone I've talked to who has read it says "I couldn't get through it."
So...has anyone out there seen/read it? Does it get worse? Should I keep reading? Or should i just rent the movie and get it over with? =)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen or read this one. I'll have to wait for your opinion.
MOM

Anonymous said...

Well, I saw the movie. It's pretty good. "Scarlett", the sequel to "Gone with the Wind" (if it's a sequel when another author writes it Many years later), takes place in Savannah, too. I'd love to go there, but not in the summer. Mucho humidity - guaranteed bad hair days.

Amy Covey said...

I haven't read it OR seen the movie....but why suffer through the book if you have the movie option?

I was in Savannah once for a few hours and LOVED it. I would really like to go back sometime (with my camera of course)!!

Amy Covey said...

Oh my goodness...probably not good for a TEACHER to tell you to skip the book and watch the movie, is it? I'm all for reading good, entertaining books...just not long, boring ones!

Brenda said...

Skip the book and watch the movie if they insist. I recommend Scarlett...much more romantic I am sure. I went to Savannah once and would love to go back. It's beautiful!

A said...

Y'all should swing up through C'ville on your way back ;)

Anonymous said...

Lori--so where are you?? Are you on vacation already or are you traveling to Targets around the world looking for your camera? Have missed your blogs and especially waiting for your AI reports/comments. Aunt Jenni