CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Drove my Chevy to the Levy

Actually, I drive a Saturn and I didn't vote for the levy, or the presidential hopefuls either. I had good intentions for voting... yes I know, how very un-American of me to so carelessly toss aside my right to vote, but when it came down to it Tuesday morning, I either had time to vote or buy supplies for work (mainly replenishing the color we were in desperate need of!)
Obviously my means of earning money won out in that battle, so I skipped out on voting and the nifty sticker that comes along with it.
I found out last night- after the polls had closed, of course- that now you can go in early, at your convenience- for example, on Monday afternoon- and vote....would have been good to know. I would have done just that.

Our school levy still finally passed (BARELY!) without my vote: 2454 to 2452. Joe says that it was his vote that saved the football season. However, it just has passed "for now" because since it's so close they have to count the provisional ballots.....lets hope my one vote doesn't blow it for the school. But really, they should make public this whole 'voting ahead of time' thing (which is different from absentee ballots, FYI).

And yes, I know that in American Pie when he sings about driving his Chevy, he's not talking about a school levy. But it's a catchy title, no?

7 comments:

Amy Covey said...

I braved the ice stinging my face and almost slipping in the ice in my boots to go vote...and our levy failed. We were pretty bummed. I also just found out about the vote ahead of time thing...and it wasn't advertised here either.

Anonymous said...

Well, not to burst your bubble, but even Grandma knew you can vote early (and she did). On the other hand, my good intentions were to vote after school, but since I had a white knuckle drive after de-icing my car, I pulled in the garage and that was it.

Anonymous said...

I parked in the last row of the school lot, walked through icy rain, then sat for at least 15 minutes in bumper to bumper traffic in the lot, as school let out just as I was voting. AND because of this I missed getting gas 5 cents 10 cents cheaper!! But I did vote!! Aunt Jenni

Anonymous said...

ok - so if the levy ends up failing - you can also blame your sister. something about the flu just didn't leave me wanting to rush out and vote. as for voting early - what? since when? and why didn't i know about this either? oh well.
kara

John & Lisa said...

You guys must not live in Columbus because voting early was on tv like every other hour for the past 3 weeks... They were also letting anyone vote absentee early, without needing a reason like away at school or out of the country, etc. Lucky for me though, I didn't need to go early because our polling place is just down at the end of our road.

Jill said...

I knew about early voting, but sadly since the main votes here were for presidential hopefuls, I just flat out didn't go, or plan to. I guess I got tired of Obama calling me 5 times a week and harassing me. (seriously, did anyone else get his calls daily???) Plus that was the day of TAKS testing and Luke's 104 fever, and my 2 hours of sleep the night before, so voting, well, better luck next time for me!

Anonymous said...

And I forgot to add...I drove my Chevy to the Levy. Aunt Jenni