CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 08, 2007

Do the Time Warp


So, in Dayton every year, they have this thing called the Time Warp Prom. It's basically prom for the 25 and over crowd- (I've also heard it called "second chance prom").
One of our friends at work has wanted to go to this as long as I've known her, and we've always put it off. This year, the "prom" falls on the Saturday of her birthday, and all she wants for her birthday is to go to the dance, so we're going to take her.

There's about 8 or 10 of us girls who will be going together...complete with updo's and a limo, and a prom queen tiara for the birthday girl. It's not until April, but we just found out the date this week, so it's on my mind. Plus, I've got to find the perfect prom dress!!

I've been looking on eBay and have found a few potential dresses, but most are over my $20 budget. Plus, all the dresses in the 'vintage' section that I like have a 22 inch waist. What's that!?? Who wears that???? I think I'll have to cruise through the local goodwill formal section. Here's what I've found so far, for shopping inspiration:

8 comments:

Jill said...

Hmm... I think I'll have to vote for #1, with the drop waist! What about something in a nice shade of teal, or another popular color from high school years? Do you get to do the makeup to match the time frame too?

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah- makeup, hair, shoes (preferrably dyeables!!) all in time-warp style! Teal sounds lovely- or a nice hot pink/black combo....
~Lori

Amy Covey said...

Oh my goodness! This sounds hilarious. I can't wait to see what dress you pick...and of course photos from the big day.

Anonymous said...

I am so bummed. Just a few months ago I gave away several options for you. There was teal, pink with white polka dots with plain pink, a dark/hot pink, aqua, etc. etc. I do still have 3 from the 60's. Short printed sheer aqua over plain (my junior year), short white lace over light blue (Nancy T's wedding)and long pink with lace over the bodice. All three have tank type tops. And all made by Grandma L.Interested?? Aunt Jenni

Anonymous said...

I Forgot one more thing--the blue with lace over has a matching head thingy--like a pillbox without the top--just a ring. Aunt Jenni

Brenda said...

some of those are actually cute! i love the pink one...very vintage...but probably not tacky enough. it's actually classy. so go with the drop waist sequin number.

A Fresh Wind Children's Ministry said...

That sounds like SO much fun! And, by the way, you would really like the fashion here...everything involves boots and heels...everything except my wardrobe which consists of warm sweaters and comfy shoes!

Anonymous said...

I am on a mission! I promise to faithfully check out our Goodwill across the street.