CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 13, 2008

New Years Eve





































































We had a good time celebrating the arrival of 2008. You saw a snippet of the celebration in the video earlier. Joe, Quinn, and I went to Lima to rock out with Joe's 7:11 club (those are his Swiss friends, who really aren't Swiss at all, but midwestern Americans, but I call them Swiss because he met them in Geneva.)
Robert and his wife, (and his 2 cutie-pie girls) were nice enough to share their house with us overnight. The rest of them went skiing during the day- where Joe's super-awesome ski jump took place- and then Quinn and I met them back at Robert and Heather's for dinner, drinks, cookies, and a full evening of Rock Band, featuring the Skype Outs-- who apparantly originated in Green Gables.
I assumed my position of drummer for a few songs, and yes, closed out the night with a riveting version of Black Hole Sun, then we watched the New Years Rockin' Eve in Times Square and counted down to 2008.
New Years Day, Heather made pancakes for us, Robert supplied Tim Horton's coffee and was nice enough to let us be bums for the first half of the day and take our sweet time leaving his house to come back home....

We should have stayed at the party, because we came home to a frozen/ burst pipe under the kitchen sink, so we had to call the plumber to come fix that on Wednesday. Then Thursday I went to work, and we had no heat, so the heat guy had to come fix the furnace (apparantly we were supposed to have been periodically cleaning out the furnace filter for the past 3 years?! Who knew????) And then this Saturday, we had a minor issue with a lack of hot water at the salon- but super dad/handyman came to the rescue and fixed it ASAP.

Quinn turned 2 months old yesterday- he is doing great at the babysitter's (and of course at grandma's!). i'm back to my regular schedule at work and BUSY! It's good to be back.

Today, Joe caught up on his grades, while Quinn and I slept. We both took naps from noon to 3, then we had lunch/dinner from our favorite sub places (Subway for me, Our Hero for Joe.....Similac for Quinn.) And now I'm blogging and having some toffee coffee.

That should catch us up on 2008 so far. Congrats to both Nicole Ritchie and Christina Aguilara on their new babies. Thank goodness for E! News Weekend for keeping me updated.

9 comments:

Jill said...

Now I know you're more the 90210 fan, but can't you give a shout out to a former Melrose star, Courtney Thorne-Smith who also had a baby? :0

Anonymous said...

The Mighty Quinn started playing just as I connected! Can you just have that song repeat itself? As a nostalgic bit of info,it was played REPEATEDLY (and loudly) by my BGSU dorm neighbors, so I know it well. MOM

Anonymous said...

The profile pic of you and Joe is totally fan-tabulous!

Anonymous said...

I was looking for an Eskimo ornament to have personalized for Quinn, but didn't have any luck. "Come on, without..." I wonder if Nicole and Christina will have a shout out to you on their blogs?

Anonymous said...

I'm back. I just checked your play list, and this is for your mom. Did you see where the Bare Naked Ladies have a recording of "The Other Day"? We should have done that!

Julie said...

I love Nicole's little girls' name...Harlow. It's so pretty! I watch E all the time and could totally be a celebrity blogger like Perez Hilton!

Amy Covey said...

Okay..those Pippi Longstocking hats are just scary! :) Looks like a fun party though.

PS You win for the most eclectic blog music mix. I keep coming back to your blog just to see what fun, random song will start playing next. :)

Beach Bum said...

I love your blog! Your music is awesome and I cleaned up the kitchen jamming to it- even if it's NOT as great as the Skype-Outs! (I'm not sure why they aren't on your playlist!)

Anonymous said...

Ian wants to go skiing with Joe and teach him how to jump like a real man. :) He said it's on at Mad River Mountain the next time we come home.

Quinn is just adorable! I can't wait to see everyone in person sometime soon!

-Em