CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

warning: sad story up ahead.

Well, Cissi the Wonder Dog had a good 15 year run, but that came to an end Monday evening. We miss her and I still haven't gotten used to her not being in the house, but it was time for her to go. She was down to 9 pounds (she's usually about 14 lbs or so) and was just shutting down, so we took her to the vet Monday and said goodbye.
She was pretty awesome and I know I'll never find another dog as cool and smart as she was.

I promise a happier post next time.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Lori. I know it was really hard when we had to put Bear down a few years ago. He was the best dog I have ever known in my lifetime.

Just remember that Cissi was treated well and she is in a happier place now, free of pain.

JH said...

I am so sorry for you loss. I know when I lost my childhood dog, I felt better after watching the movie - "All Dogs Go to Heaven." And yes, I was 24 not 6, like the movie would suggest.

Amy Covey said...

I'm sorry to hear about Cissi. She was such a fun dog! :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about Cissi. Kyle will be sad. She was his favorite b.b. (before Brutus). He thought about getting a little dog but afraid it wouldn't look manly for a single guy. I'm sure that had to be very hard to do Mon.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Cissi was loved by all of us! Even though I already knew the story, it brought tears to my eyes to read it on the blogg. MOM

Beach Bum said...

I believe in Doggy Heaven....she's in a good place. You're in my prayers.

A Fresh Wind Children's Ministry said...

I'm sorry to hear about Cissi. She was a fun dog and I'm sure you're missing her =(
And, just to share a Cissi story...my favorite was standing on one side of the counter in your parent's kitchen and seeing her jump up from the other side! She definitely had a funny personality =)

Anonymous said...

I just read this today so I am a little late, but I am sorry about losing Cissi. I know how much you loved her. Aunt Jenni