CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Beach Bums

Friday was "lake day", our annual summertime trip to Lake Erie for a day on the beach. The weather was lovely, the food was great, Quinn and Rylee had a fun time playing in the sand, and we finished the evening off with some cake to celebrate Bill & Jenni's anniversary. The ride up was fun-filled...first Rylee sang "Old McDonald" to Quinn with every animal she could think of, then she sang quietly to herself while he took a nap; next, we made a pit-stop at Bob's (Evans, that is) and then the rest of the way there, we played I Spy...which isn't easy to keep going when you're traveling with grass and trees and fields on both sides of the road.
Quinn even played I Spy, via Rylee. She would play 'for' him, in her funny little Quinn voice.

The ride home was a lot less eventful- both Q and R slept the entire way home. Lisa and I were sufficiently sunburned, mostly on our backs; mom and the little ones seemed to escape sun damage. I thought I put sunscreen on my back, but.... I guess not enough.

As always, my camera was affixed to my face, so there's plenty of beach photos to share.













8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Trey has some similar.....they are cousins for sure! And I'm very glad to see more pics of you- i usually am out of the pictures since I take them and I'm way to impatient to wait for Jeremy to do so.

Amy Covey said...

I'm so sad we had to miss the annual lake day this year. It looks like fun...especially for Quinn. Hopefully we'll see you this weekend at Denise's.

PS I need a copy of the photo of my parents please! :)

~Lori said...

Amy- yes, we'll be there Sunday. See you then!!!

~Lori said...

and trish- i know what you mean. joe rarely takes pictures of me either. they obviously didn't inherit the camera love from bob.

Anonymous said...

mom said not to take pictures becasue dad took enuff for everyone so thus no need
however I have been tr;ying to take more pics over here
such as the photo of robear

Anonymous said...

The pictures look great. I hope mine turn out as well. Of course, I have to wait until somebody else comes to visit or we go somewhere to finish the role. I just can't give up my old school camera that still works well. By the way, it's amazing how many Christmases I evidently missed with my family. They seemed to enjoy it, though. Finally I just told Sudsy to take a few pix with me in it. Don't wait for them to get the message:)

Julie said...

Sorry to tell you both Lori and Trish but the husbands don't like to take pictures nor do they think of it. Richard only takes them when I ask him to and he knows to take several takes so I can pick the best cuz men don't have the eye for pics that we do.

A Fresh Wind Children's Ministry said...

Thank you SO much for this post! It definitely made me miss "Lake Day", but happy to see you guys enjoying it =) I'm looking forward to "Lake Day '09" for sure!
I've said it once, and I'll say it again: Quinn is a stud! He just looks so happy! And I know my parents LOVED having Quinn and Rylee (and everyone else, too!) around for the day. They love having people up to enjoy their lake =)