CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 07, 2008

Happy 4th!


We went up to Michigan last weekend to celebrate Joe's mom's birthday. It was a nice relaxing weekend; the little boys got to play together, and the big guys (Joe, Jer, and Bob) all got remote control helecopters. Good times had by all. We had a really yummy brunch Sunday with all-you-can-eat crepes (so good!) and corn fritters, which I'd never had before, but now that I have, I think I need to find a place around here that makes them. They're like little cornbread donuts!



This weekend was great as well. We went to mom and dad's house for an early birthday party for me (I'll be twenty-ten next week.) Again, the food was great: John was the grillmaster yet again--I'm pretty sure he's earned that permanent title-- and mom made chocolate chip pie, my favorite.

Along with the great food, we've had a good crowd to celebrate with. Grandma D is in town visiting for a few days, which is fun. I haven't seen her in a while and it's been great to have a relaxing weekend to hang out with her, and for her to see Quinn too, even in all his teething glory.

And I got to see Grandma L for a little bit Saturday; she and my aunts Becky and Nancy stopped in to see dad for a while and were still at the house when I got there.


Yesterday we spent the afternoon in the pool and eating leftovers from Saturday; I got a nice hot-pink sunburn that will be keeping me out of the sun today, so instead of swimming I think I'll head to the outlet malls to see what I can find.

These are some pictures from last weekend of Quinn and Trey. These are just a few; I took a ridiculous amount of photos of the two of them, but I can't help it- they're so cute!! I have no pictures from this weekend, because I was being lazy and I was too busy eating, swimming, and taking naps.


Here they are, taking turns vandalizing Grandma's flower beds....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like good times, except for the corn fritters. I just can't acquire a taste for cornbread, except in the casserole. The boys are too cute. G'ma said she's really enjoying Quinn time. Nice fireworks pix, too!

Julie said...

I love seeing pics of the boys together, they look like great pals already. Twenty-ten, that's a good one!!! Have a great birthday!

Anonymous said...

Love the pics of the boys. can you send me the one of Trey and me? : )

Jill said...

20-10, huh? That's a nice way of saying it... Hope the birthday is great, and not traumatic in any way! Cute kiddos as always. We have some cute babies in our family!

Amy Covey said...

HA HA - 20-10. Very creative! Love the photos of the boys together. I can't believe Quinn is standing!