CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 25, 2008

Fashion Isn't a Luxury.

Quinn and I went to the mall today. It was his first time in the stroller. Come to think of it, today was my first real shopping trip since he's been born. I've hit the mall a couple times here and there, but usually I just run into one store. But today we made two laps around the mall (which isn't as much as it sounds- calling it the "mall" is kind of a stretch!) But he loved it, and fell asleep on the second time around.

I managed to find quite a few good deals- a couple shirts at Charlotte Russe, a t-shirt from SJP's clothing line at Steve & Barry's- grey with pink writing that says "fashion isn't a luxury"- a new knife from the kitchen store, new shoes for Quinn from Old Navy, some Bath & Body works soaps (I always grab a few of those when I'm at the mall- we use them at home and at the salon).

The deal of the day was at JCPenney. All of their formal/semi-formal dresses were on huge clearance. I found a black cocktail dress to wear to one of the many weddings I have coming up AND another prom dress. Yes, another prom dress. I couldn't pass it up. This one is teal and very 80's and would look really great with my white scrunchy boots- and both dresses were $6.97! It couldn't NOT buy them!

The other highlight of the trip was the vanilla latte and blondie brownie I had for a snack from the coffee kiosk. YUM!

Here's a picture of Quinn about halfway through our shopping day:

And here he is in the car when we got home. I think I wore the little guy out!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you. On my 1st trip round the mall (I've made 2 now!) I realized that the diaper bag is too big to fit in the stroller bin.. ugh. That was frustrating. I've graduated to the "mom purse"- a big ol' bag with diapers, wipes, coupons, and lip gloss... am I a dork or what!

Anonymous said...

Looks like Quinn is a born shopper! Now you have a dress for next year's prom, or put it on ebay.

Beach Bum said...

Very cute! Quinn is very photogenic! I'm glad your trip to the mall was a success! I'm hoping to venture out myself soon! Bath & Body Works is calling my name! I want some yummy, fresh, spring soaps (instead of the old plain standbys!)

~Lori said...

FYI- B&B soaps are 3 for $10 right now, and the hand sanitizers are $3.

Beach Bum said...

That's it! I'm going TODAY! (It helps that I don't have to work due to bad weather!) Perfect opportunity to hit the mall! Thanks for the info!

Brenda said...

Enjoy it now...in about a year Quinn will be a disaster in any shopping area...Carsyn is just now getting back into being a good shopper. haven't checked out SJP in a while...I love that stuff!