CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 01, 2008

Sick and Sicker

The sickness is going around U-town. Watch out. Joe caught it, one of my co-workers had it, and now I have it. So I'm sitting in the dining room, killing time (aka 'staying awake') until mom gets off work, and she's coming to rescue Quinn from the sick-house for the night. Hopefully he hasn't caught the bug yet. Joe's had it all week, so he's been quarantined to the bedroom, and Quinn and I dubbed the family room and that bathroom the 'healthy wing' of the house. But apparantly the sickness is airborn, because now the healthy wing also needs to be disinfected. I felt fine until 11:00 today, then all of a sudden I had a sore throat, chills, and was super-tired. What the hey?!
So until Grandma comes to the rescue, I'm washing my hands like I'm scrubbing in for surgery when I have to get close to Quinn, and breathing through my nose...when I can't hold my breath any longer around him. He's got a well-check next Friday though, so hopefully he'll stay healthy, and then they can give him the once-over to make sure he's good, along with his shots.
In the mean time, the doctor's office is so over booked they can't get me in until Monday, which is no good, so I'm waiting for them to call me back with another alternative. And then I'll go to sleep for a long time. Probably until sometime tomorrow evening. :)

Aside from that, the jeep has a flat tire and the bird couch has a rip in the "upholstery" (if we can call it that.)
Ugh.

7 comments:

Amy Covey said...

I feel your pain - literally! Right now I think mine is just a bad sinus infection, but I still feel yucky! It's hard to be sick when you're a mom, isn't it? You're so lucky your mom lives close by and can come rescue Quinn! Hope you're feeling better soon!!

Anonymous said...

I second Amy's comments - all of them. I hope you're all feeling better and Quinn avoids it (and the Grands, too!). The big question: can the bird couch be saved?

Julie said...

If Quinn does get sick, you may want to try Little Colds medicine for babies. Ask the dr. first cuz you'll need to know dosage. I had to give that to Cassidy a few times as an infant too. Worked good. And at least with babies you have the suction thingy to suction their noses, unlike older kids who can't yet blow noses and sniff it all back in and stay sick longer.

Jill said...

I made it back to work today after 2 days home -and I never take sick days for me! It started last week, but Tuesday night I had chills, body aches, and a fever with sore throat. Wednesday was terrible -I went to the doctor and have a sinus infection along with the flu. I feel much better now, but still not 100%, but the combo of meds I'm on sure helps!! Hope you get better soon. I didn't even touch Mia or Luke all day Wednesday.

Beach Bum said...

We had strep! I got it last week. Sammy had it Mon. & Tues. Robert got it Wednesday and it is still lingering and now we're waiting to see what's going to happen with Zoe! We had a lot of the same symptoms you mentioned here and we were all diagnosed. Fun, fun! I actually took a couple of days off, but Robert felt like he had to go in to work. He thought he had already contaminated everyone so it wasn't worth staying home! AH! Good luck! I hope everyone starts to feel better soon!

Brenda said...

I feel great! Just thought I'd let y'all know since I am usually the one with major life threatening illnesses...not even a stuffy nose at his house (knock on wood!)
Hope everyone is feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...

Sorry you are sick. I know it's the worst thing ever, especially when you're worried about giving it to Quinn. I spent the whole day yesterday in bed or by the toilet. I thought it was just pregnancy symptoms, but the chills and aches are leading me to think something flu-like is definately going around!
Take care...