CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 18, 2007

I'm back!



Hey bloggers- we're home. After a 7 night stay at the hospital, we finally came home Friday afternoon. What a long week.
Here's the story. Warning, it's long:

Thursday, Nov 8, I was supposed to be induced. They called and put me off until Friday morning. Then they called Friday morning and put me off until Friday evening (overcrowded birthing center, apparently)

Friday night, started induction.....by 6 pm Saturday, I was no closer to baby-time than I was the night before, so they unhooked everything, told me to get dinner and go to sleep.

Saturday night started a different induction medicine overnight, then on to another one Sunday morning....this time it worked. Pain all morning, pain meds in the afternoon, epidural in the evening-- it worked on the right side. SO, they let me be in half pain for a while, then re-adjusted it...still didnt' work...so a little while longer with pain in the left side, and he came back and re-did the epidural.

By Saturday night, the epidural wore off, (but just on the left side!)
which unfortunately was the same time that the nurse decided I should start to push.
Ugh.
Pain pain pain.

An hour or so later my Dr. finally showed up just before 2:00 Monday morning, and within 5 minutes he said there were too many reasons not to go that route, (Quinn was face up, he was too big for me to push out, etc.) and we'd do a C-section. Yay! I didn't care how they got him out at that point, just as long as we were finished with the whole birth process.

We went straight into surgery and Quinn Thomas James was born on Monday, November 12 at 2:37 a.m., 7 pounds, 11 ounces, 21 inches long.

Recovery from surgery honestly isn't that bad, and it was well worth it, seeing the cutie (or, is it QT?) that we got out of it! He's just awesome and I don't care if I am sleep deprived, it's so great. He's already got such a cool personality and fits right in with joe and I.

Hopefully he fits in with Cissi, too...she's been staying at Casa Del Lehman for the past week and we're taking her home tonight.

Anyway, Quinn is doing well. We stayed until Friday, for surgery recovery, and to watch his jaundice, which today finally seems like it's going down (we had to take him back in yesterday and today for blood tests.)

First night home was hard, didn't get any sleep, then we had to take him back to Springfield for a blood draw early Saturday morning...thankfully, when we got back, Jer and Trish were waiting for us with lunch and babysitting. They took care of Quinn so I could get some much-needed sleep. (THANKS!!!!!) Joe had to spend the afternoon at a basketball tournament, but he did get to sleep all evening and sleep in today. Hopefully it won't be too rough on him going back to work tomorrow morning!
Last night mom came over and did grandma-duty so we could sleep. (THANKS!!!!!)
Then dad drove Quinn and i to yet another blood draw this morning (THANKS!!!!!) Good news, the jaundice seems to be going away, so we shouldn't have to take any more blood tests.

I'm doing well, feeling lots better and less swollen. I couldn't believe the amount of swelling the surgery gave me!! Most of it is gone now, except for my feet and they say that will take a week or so to go down. I go in tomorrow (back to Springfield, yet again) to get my staples out of my incision. Otherwise, no work or driving or lifting (yes, that includes vacuuming and laundry-- too bad!) for 6 weeks. So I am definitely looking forward to the next month and a half, since I'm not allowed to do anything except relax, heal, and hang with Quinn. I love it!

That's enough for now. Here's some photos...
Joe, waiting in the hall before surgery


















Quinn's first photo: Joe took this in the nursery while I was sleeping in the recovery room



















Dr Billing (he's awesome!) with Quinn and Joe.

















Grandma and Grandpa Lehman

















Grandma and Grandpa LaValley























Hangin' out in the Boppy pillow

12 comments:

Jill said...

Thanks for sharing your story. At least it's over with and you're home with Quinn. Doesn't he make it all worth it? With Mia, my epidural only worked on the right side too! Luckily they came and fixed it, but then I was so numb, I couldn't lift my legs for about 5 hours afterwards! He's beautiful. Glad he's about over the jaundice. Good luck tomorrow with the staples.

A said...

Congratulations, and cute kid!! Hope you recover quickly. We'll need to get Quinn and Tucker to meet someday.

Anonymous said...

Wow 7 days at the hospital?!?! I'm sure you're glad to be home.

Congrats on your precious baby boy! Isn't it the greatest thing?!

Anonymous said...

I've been checking your blog constantly for pictures! What an ordeal - I guess it never goes the way you plan it. He's so cute - I see tons on Lehman in him. Right away I thought he looked like Lisa. I absolutely can't wait to see him in person and kiss his little cheeks! Take care of yourself, Mama!

Amy Covey said...

WOW - what a story! See, we told you that the Lehman/Davis girls didn't go into labor very easily. HA! He is adorable! We can't wait to meet him in person. Enjoy your relaxing and bonding with him.

Julie said...

You have a beautiful baby. I'm glad you are home and doing well. Sounds like you have a great family who are giving you lots of help. Can't wait to see Quinn!
Take Care!

Anonymous said...

Well, in my day... No, I won't bore you with that. I will tell you he's the same weight as Jessica was, but his hair sure looks a lot different! Also, Kyle was jaundiced and had this beautiful tan in his nursery pix. Good timing for having lots of help so G'ma can extend her holiday. We're ready to see a pix of the person who did all the work with him now. Enjoy it all!!

Anonymous said...

You guys are so cute!! I wasn't sure from the phone pics, but I'm sure of it now. He looks like his mama :) I can't wait to see you all.

Anonymous said...

Good to have you back and finally hear the story. Wondered all that weekend what was going on. But he is well worth it.And thanks to Kara for getting pictures out for us. I agree with Nancy though--where is the picture of Quinn and his mom? Aunt Jenni

Anonymous said...

If you want a Mommy and Baby photo - check my blog!
Kara

JH said...

congratulations! We are so happy for you. Lori - I am glad to hear you are feeling better.

Btw I love Joe's T-shirt. I am just wondering how many outfit changes he had before delivery?

Robert Smith said...

Nice shirt Joe!