CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

2 weeks old

Quinn is 2 weeks old now and doing great. He's a really good sleeper and doesn't get fussy much, unless it's to let us know he wants to eat. Cissi is doing great with Quinn- she's super protective of him.
I'm healing OK, with the exception of a little setback this weekend. My incision from the c-section got infected and opened itself back up a little, so I had to go in to the hospital Sunday night to get it cleaned out and they sent me home with a mini-pharmacy of painkillers and antibiotics...but i'm doing well, with the help of my at home health care worker and his assistant (dad and mom).
Joe was at a basketball tournament in Kalamazoo, MI, all weekend so he missed the whole hospital trip excitement.

Today, Quinn and I both had doctor appointments; Quinn's 2-week checkup went well. The doctor said he's doing great and he's right on track. The jaundice is gone and he's gaining weight, so all is well.
And my doctor checked my 'gaping flesh wound' (as I like to call it) and she said I'm healing well already and should be all fixed up by the end of the week. (yay!)

Joe's bouncing between work and basketball and college classes and being my chauffer and super-dad (he got up for both feedings and let me sleep right throught them last night!) I'm not sure when -or if- he sleeps....

Here's some new photos of Quinn. He's asleep in most of them: it's what he does best!


Hanging out on the bird couch
















Just being cute, asleep


















His tiny little head fits in my hand :)










I call this his "Sonic the Hedgehog" look


















With Slugger, his build-a-bear from Kara and Lisa. I think he likes him. :)


















I love it when he yawns!

















With Grandma Davis on Thanksgiving

9 comments:

Amy Covey said...

Yuck - sorry to hear about your incision. That doesn't sound like much fun. Thank goodness for Mom and Dad! Quinn is adorable! I know I keep saying it...but I truly can't wait to see him and take some photos. Don't be suprised if I just show up on your doorstep one day just so I can get my "baby fix". :)

Jill said...

I love all the hair! And there's just something special about baby yawns. He's adorable Lori!

~Lori said...

Quinn says thanks for the compliments! And Amy, you can show up any time you want. Just make sure you bring your camera! :)

Anonymous said...

I love the pics! I think I can see more daddy in him now :)
I'm dying to see him and give him kisses all over his face.

~Lori said...

yes, i think he's looking more and more like Joe...

A Fresh Wind Children's Ministry said...

What a cutie! Thanks for posting so many pictures. Keep them coming. And be sure to show Quinn a picture of his cousin Jessica and tell him to get ready for lots of lovin' from me when I see him.
I also LOVE the picture of Grandma holding him. That's definitely one to keep =)

Amy Covey said...

Well of course I'd bring my camera...especially since it's practically attached to my face anyhow. :)

PS Check your email!!

Anonymous said...

AHHHH! He's living up to his name. (QT, in case somebody doesn't get me.) I still sleep like that with my hand under my face, and my hair freguently looks like that, too! Super pix with Grandma. We need to get some of the generations, too.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I'm sorry about the infection but glad you're feeling better. I got caught up in the pix and forgot to mention that. Get used to it!