CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 14, 2008

More faves...

While I'm on the topic of makeup, I'm going to share my other current favorites. I use these every day, no fail. First up, Burt's Bees pomegranite lip balm. I am a HUGE Burt's Bees original lip balm fan...no, make that "addict"...so I tried this one. It doesn't tingle like the original does, but it has a teensy bit of pink color to it. Since Quinn's been born I don't wear lipstick like I used to, for his sake- otherwise he'd be covered in lipstick kisses all day. So this product gives me just enough color so I don't look like the un-dead, and it doesn't rub off on Q's face.
Now, having said that...when I DO wear lipstick, I wear this:
I own it in 6 shades, and I'm sure I'll get more. (Every now and then CVS sells them 2 for 1!) It's a gloss, but it stays on all day without being sticky, and it comes in colors and sheers. I have some of each, but my favorite is the "sheer nude".

My newest find, for all you Bare Minerals lovers out there.......EVERYDAY MINERALS! It's Bare Minerals on a budget. :) I've tried every mineral makeup there is out there, and this is the closest to BM; possibly even better, because it is gentler on the skin.
What I really love about it though, is if you go to the website, www.everydayminerals.com , for the price of shipping ($5.00, I believe) you can customize a free sample kit for yourself, in which you get 3 foundation colors, a blush, and a concealer. It's one sample kit per order, but there's no limit to how many times you can order samples, and no purchase required.
Try it. You will love it.
I have the foundation, a couple blushes, some concealers (multitasking is my favorite) and some eyeshadows. The only thing I don't love is the eyeliner....unlike Bare Minerals, this doesn't translate well to wet-use as an eyeliner. But the shadows are terrific - my current top pick is "pressed olive".

9 comments:

Sara said...

Thanks for the Minerals makeup tip. I LOVE bare escentuals but it can be out of my price range at times. I ordered a sample kit and an eyeshadow ! Can't wait to try it. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow. It's like watching Oprah. Some day will you pass out all of your favorites? Let me know when!

~Lori said...

Like Oprah, I can't let you know when. If you are lucky enough to read that day, you win! :)

Brenda said...

so I am a bobbie brown girl myself, but i am defintely going to try your faux bare minerals... have you tried the loreal lipstick that beyonce promotes...theone with the lipstick and the gloss all in a mirrored case? it's kiss proof and stays on all day. I know...my girls have lipstick kisses on them daily if i am wearing anything else!
so what kind of mom are you? it's a toss up for me of glam and rockstar.

Amy Covey said...

I'm definitely going to try the every day minerals. You got me hooked on Bare Minerals and I love it. I am a lip gloss junkie, so I may have to try that lipgloss, too. Hmmmm...I think we need a cousin's day out to Sephora!! :)

~Lori said...

I definitely think you are right about a day at Sephora, Amy.
And Brenda: I went back through the catalog and I also am either a glam or rockstar mom, depends on the day...but I think if I have to pick just one, probably 'glam'.

Jill said...

I just took your recommendation and bought one of the revlon lip glosses today. Haven't tried it, but hopefully it's as good as you say!

Anonymous said...

which one did you get??

Jill said...

Well, I wish I could tell you which one I got, but it's gone! I went to pull it out of my purse today, forgetting it was in there, and can't find it anywhere.