CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 10, 2008

My name is Lori...

...and I am a makeup junkie. I have no problems admitting to that. I'm on Sephora's mailing list, I will buy anything to get the Clinique bonus gift, I own more eyeshadow in various shades of plum than any one girl should own...
And yet I still want more.
I discovered a new store. It's not 'new' or 'hip' even, but new to me. It's so old-school that it's just too fun! It's the Merle Norman store right here in Springfield! I went there, to buy a lipstick that one of my clients wore and she got it there. How very cool that when I went in I forgot the name of the shade, but I gave the lady my client's name, she looked her up in the system and told me what shade she bought!
So I bought the lip pencil.
I'm an official makeup stalker now.

While I was there, I tried on a few shades on my hand...and used this awesome cream cleanser to wipe it off...so I bought the cleanser. (It's fabulous for removing eye makeup, without getting the oily eye-makeup-remover in your eyes!)
And also, my newest favorite product, I bought eyeshadow primer. It's awesome! I've never used an eyeshadow primer, but for some reason (namely the fact that I can't keep shadow on my lids all day) I decided I needed it. And I love it. I have squinty eyes and I keep saying someday I'll get an eyelid lift so I can see my eyeshadow better, but until then I've found the $11.00 solution.

Other recent purchases: today I bought black leggings with silver studded stars on them and a silver scrunchie. Both are for prom.
And yes, I said scrunchie.
And yes, it was for sale- for real- in a clothing store. (Dots, if you must know).
Scary, isn't it??????
Not only did they have silver scrunchies, they had gold, hot pink, lime green, and orange.

Other news, Cissi is wasting away and is all skin and bones now. I keep thinking she's near-death and then she bounces back (we figured out today that she's at least 15 years old). Just when I think she's a goner, I came home tonight and she's jumping for marshmallows and looking more 'chipper' than she has in days. I really think she's indestructable. She has, however, been permanently relocated to the laundry room due to her lack of bladder control.

Tomorrow: day off. Lunch with a friend, Quinn's getting his picture taken, dinner w/ another friend...maybe I'll clean up the house in between all of our outings. Maybe not. Maybe I'll just watch more 90210 reruns and take a nap. :)

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Cissi had a spurt of energy for you :) When is Prom? Do you have your shoes yet? MOM

Anonymous said...

That's too funny- I was just thinking about getting an eye lift myself....perhaps I'll indulge in the primer instead.

Anonymous said...

get the primer- 10 more years and we'll go for eye lifts together!

Anonymous said...

Oh- prom is in 2 weeks. I have some very 'fancy' white boots!

Amy Covey said...

I love Sephora! I could spend hours...and tons of money in there! Just for the record, Merle Norman will forever remind me of Grandma L. She always had empty Merle Norman cosmetic containers in the toy closet!!

Have a fun weekend. Be sure to share Quinn's photos with us.

Anonymous said...

Wow Lori...my grandma shops at Merle Norman. In fact. there is one here in Reynoldsburg and a lady came in to Jo-Ann's one time and offered to do our "colors." I guess this is where they determine what colors are best for your features. Needless to say, I did not have this done.

Glad you are enjoying your new makeup. Question...would this reduce the cakey lines I tend to get with my eyeshadow as the days go on?

Anonymous said...

Yes, I know Merle Norman is the old lady store. But the eyeshadow primer is worth going in there for- yes it gets rid of those creases, Des.

Anonymous said...

What? you don't also buy to get the free Estee Lauder, Lancome, plus others gifts? Will have to check out the cheap eye lift at MN since I want/need a real one. A friend had it done last year and took a long time healing and I don't see THAT much result. As for Cissi--Andy lived almost 18 years with dried up many many problems. It could be awhile. Aunt Jenni

Anonymous said...

oops! that Cissi comment was supposed to say "with dried up tear ducts and many many..." Aunt Jenni

Anonymous said...

There used to be MN store in Urbana. Ask your mom. As for Cissi: have you or Joe read "Marley and Me"? Great book, even with the sad part. It's being made into a movie, but I never pictured the wife looking like Jennifer Aniston. I don't know who's playing the husband.
I must also admit to being an eyeshadow junkie, but bought only at the drug store or Odd Lots. There is the occasional Lancome or Estee freebie from Grandma. How many shades of brown do I need?

~Lori said...

Wow . 18 years? Geez. Cissi does seem to be doing better the past couple of days.

No, I don't usually buy anything to get the Lancome/Estee Lauder gift BUT I did find a store in the outlet mall in Jeffersonville where they sell ALL of the makeup counter bonus gifts at $10 a pop!

Brenda said...

did you get the newest sephora catalog in the mail the other day? what kind of"mom" are you according to them? have you tried makeup primer (smashbox)? how bout O-glow blush? amazing...have to try their lipgloss too.
by the way...i have decided after seeing your hair that i need bangs.
my daughters are already make-up junkies.
did you watch miss usa? one girl bombed her final question about makeup for little girls.

Anonymous said...

I did get the newest Sephora catalog, but I didn't see what you are talking about....hmm...I'll have to look at the words next time I read it instead of just the pretty pictures!

But I AM going to buy the purple makeup wallet kit!

Anonymous said...

I'm a little late commenting, but I too have enjoyed eye shadow primer in the past. Not only for the shadow lines, but to make the eye liner go on smoother. That of course was before I found my favorite eye liner in the world (Urbana Decay) which does fine all on it's own!!!

~Lori said...

I haven't tried that liner...adding that to my Sephora shopping list right now!

Anonymous said...

OMG! I'm just re-reading my dumb-ass comment. It's Urban Decay...not Urbana. How do you know you've lived somewhere too long???