CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 18, 2008

Tea Time

I took Jessica's recommendation and bought some Red Tea. This was not an easy purchase- my two main shopping venues, WalMart and Kroger, don't have a big supply of red tea. In fact, WalMart has none, Kroger has one kind, their own 'Private Selection' brand. So I got it, and as Rachel Ray would say "YUM-O!"
The actual taste isn't that different...actually it kind of just tastes like hot water...but it smells so good! It's got a spice-y scent, in a chai kind of way, but not the overpowering taste of chai.
Thanks for the tip, Jessica!!

Let's see, what else, what else.....it's spring, so I'm a blonde again.

Prom is one week away, and I totally scrapped both dresses and started all over with my outfit. The one dress was going to be way too hot, and I gave the other one to one of the other girls who needed something to wear.
I found some fabric upstairs in my "craft" room (a.k.a. the 'big fat messy room") and fashioned a shirt out of it. It's very Madonna meets Flashdance with a hint of Girls Just Wanna Have Fun.
It's not very prom-y at all, but more like 1980-something "high school girl sneaks out of the house through her bedroom window to go to a party in the city".

I think between us all we have every aspect of the 80's covered; we've got the 80's bridesmaid, the early 80's (as in Footloose) kind of dress, one girl we call the 'Easter Sunday in the 80's', there's the 80's prom queen, my 80's party wear....add in some big bangs, some crimps, a side ponytail, and some jelly bracelets and I think we've got it all.

No plans this weekend, other than cleaning up the house. I hear it's going to be a rainy weekend, so maybe I'll get some reading in. I did finally start my Jodi Picoult book (Second Glance). I gave up on the other book I was reading; it was Danielle Steele "Sisters" and if I had to sum it up in one word: SUCKS. Don't read it. I got halfway through and couldn't take it anymore, so I skipped and read the last 3 pages and gave it away to be sold in a garage sale. Good riddance, bad book.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the prom pix. Your weekend plans may have had to be altered, since it's almost 4 and still not raining here yet. This week was great! It reminds me of why we stay in Ohio through the winter. Here's a book for you (sorry if I already mentioned it). It's called "Sammy's Hill" by Kristen Gore. Yep, daughter of. It's really entertaining. That was for April's book club, since the previous one was pretty intense. It was lol funny.

~Lori said...

Thanks- I'll read that next! I always need a funny one after I finish a Picoult book...

p.s.: Jodi P. fans- I just read that "My Sister's Keeper" is being made into a movie, starring Abigail Breslin (from Little Miss Sunshine). Can't wait!!