CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 09, 2008

Congratulations, Joe

As I said in the previous post, Joe graduated from his Masters' program at U of M yesterday. It's been a long, very busy 15 months, but very worth it. Not only did he get his degree, he got to travel Europe two summers in a row, and made a great group of friends in the process.
I was able to watch the graduation ceremony, held in Geneva, Switzerland, on the UM website. I'm really proud of him for going through the program and accomplishing so much this past year and a half, while juggling school, work, coaching, and still being an awesome husband and dad!

Here's some pictures from yesterday- they aren't the best quality, because they are photos of the computer screen, but you get the idea.

Some of the class of 2008:Taking a picture of Joe taking a picture..... The caps with the 7:11 on top belong to the members of the running group Joe is part of; because they meet to run at 7:11 every morning.Joe's friend Robert (or if he goes by his French name, "Robear"), giving one of the speeches, which I enjoyed. Thanks to Joe's stories, I got most of his references, too!And most importantly, Joe graduating:

10 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Joe! We are very proud of you and glad we got to watch your graduation ceremony with Lori and Quinn.

Barb & Tom

JH said...

Great post - Bruce and I think you deserve a big congratulations too! We know that you did a lot to make this happen. We can't wait to see you at the Crim.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Joe! That blue sash looks great! I was surprised there was an actual ceremony there. I figured it would be at UM in Dec. or whenever. If you would have told has, you could have taken K's black robe and cap. Welcome home!

Amy Covey said...

Congratulations Joe!!!!

Beach Bum said...

Lori,
Loved your post! I was so excited to watch the graduation on-line that I didn't even think to take pictures of it like you did! Thanks for sharing them on your blog! I'm so proud of 7:11! Congrats! And I'm so happy Robear is back home safely! We all made it!
Heather

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you and to Joe. And your family is right...it took both of you to accomplish such an incredible task while juggling your family responsibilities. I'm proud of BOTH of you!!!!
Enjoy having your hubby back home :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Joe!!! and welcome home. And good luck in your new job. Aunt Jenni

Anonymous said...

Lori, I am supposed to remind you (as requested by Joe) to have Joe register for the Crim...what would he do without you! Karyn...or Carl as Joe would say (ask him if you want the full story!)

Beach Bum said...

Lori, Can you email your pics? I'd love to have them! Thanks! Heather