CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 03, 2008

I went to the animal fair.

Saturday night, big night out, where do we go?? The county fair! Yes, it's the highlight of the year, if you have a mullet and a severe lack of teeth. I have all my teeth, and am not sporting a mullet, yet I still couldn't resist the lure of the greasy food and the animals. Dad, Mom, Lisa, Quinn and I spent a good portion of two hours checking out the fairgrounds. None of us had been there for years, but it sounded like a good idea this year...for lack of anything better to do, and the need for some fair fries.
We were "fairly" (haha) amused by the 4H projects, checked out the merchant's building--mainly because it was air conditioned-- shared some fries and mushrooms (yum and yum) and then before we hit the barns (very briefly) we went for the best thing of all: SUGAR WAFFLES!
It's not a fair without sugar waffles, and I can't go there without eating one. Good stuff.
Here's dad at the sugar waffle trailer:
And me, enjoying my waffle:Dad, Mom, a bucket of fair fries, and two really happy girls in the background. I didn't see them at the time, but noticed them in the picture today and they make me laugh.
Quinn, petting the sheep.
Lisa and I, self portrait on the camera phone. Pretty good, huh?And Q's highlight of the evening: the free balloon he got in the merchants building. After this point, he lost interest in the fair altogether and was transfixed by the balloon. Go figure.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an adventure. I'm reminded of "The Office" episode where they are at the fair and Michael says, "I am surrounded in manure and have yet to see any live animals."
And I actually prefer ELephant Ears to Sugar Waffles.

JH said...

I am not sure we have sugar waffles in Michigan, in all my years hanging out at the fair, I have yet to have a sugar waffle.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree on the sugar waffles! Nobody knows what they are in Columbus either!

YUMMMM!!!!

~Lori said...

are you kidding me? i thought every fair had sugar waffles.
they're kind of like funnel cakes, except a lot more compact, therefore easier to eat, and crunchier. we buy them by the bag. and it's a good thing they only come around once a year, too!

Anonymous said...

the fair sounds more interesting than sitting in this hot classroom. it's 11 15pm and it must 80 degrees, we are sweating to death just trying to earn a masters

Anonymous said...

It's our fair week, but I think I'll just live vicariously through your pictures. I actually have a "rosette" maker, which I think is pretty much like sugar waffles, by the looks of it. Is that powdered sugar or granulated on top? I was also always a fan of elephant ears.

~Lori said...

You can make sugar waffles in your very own kitchen!? And we've never had them??????
There's something very wrong here.

Yes, that's powdered sugar on top, and for additional info, they're warm as well.

Amy Covey said...

Yum...fair food!!! I prefer funnel cakes though. And where is the photo of your mom running away from the pig?

~Lori said...

It was more like the 4 of us surrounding the stroller, "blocking" the pig. Because yes, we can overtake a farm animal. We're that good.