CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 25, 2008

The Crim, and Robert

Lots to blog about, not so much time. I'll start with Saturday: we went to Flint so Joe could run in the Crim race with his Swiss friends. They're really his UM friends, but I call them Swiss....anyway, 5 of the 7 made it to the race this year.
On the way up Friday night we saw one of the members of the group, Robert, on 75 in the lane next to us, so we pulled over at a rest stop to say hi.....


And then we followed him to the next exit to his favorite place on this Earth, Tim Hortons... which I didn't realize there was one in Bowling Green, so it's a good thing we ran into him, because now I have a coffee-stop on our way north!

Saturday morning, bright and early, we made our way to Flint for the race. Joe was registered for the 8k, but ended up running the 5k, but in the end got a medal for the 10 mile. Long story, involves new running shoes for Joe and a diaper change (for Quinn, of course, just to avoid any confusion there...)
Anyway, we all met up after the running was done for some refreshments in the party tent and entertainment from a cheesy cover band.
And hey! We ran into Robert at the Crim!


Quinn and I did what we do best- we watched everyone else run.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like the race tired Quinn out! And thanks for clarifying the diaper info. I've heard about marathon runners. Gross!

Beach Bum said...

Robert told me he ran into you guys! Glad he was able to show you the way to Tim's! He's very helpful that way! Sorry we couldn't join the party...Q & Sam could've compared diapers! GROSS!

~Lori said...

We missed you Heather! And I'm missing your blog- why won't it open up? Is it gone or is my computer just hinky?
I need to get your e-mail. I'll skype mine to Robear.