CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 08, 2007

I think this qualifies as a holiday crisis.


I just found out (thanks Jill!) that there is a Christmas version of the Cadbury Egg-- and I'm stuck at home with no way to go get one! No unnecessary driving for me for a while yet (although, I think this qualifies as very necessary)...and even if I could, I can't put Quinn in the Solstice, and the jeep has a flat tire...and the carseat is over my weight lifting restriction anyway.

Joe's got my car; and he's at a basketball game in Toledo, Mom and Dad are in Cincinatti, Lisa and John are too far away to come buy me chocolate, my friends are at work, and it's just too cold to ask Kara to take Rylee out of the house for a $.60 piece of candy.

So here I am, knowing that less than a block from my house is a supply of one of my all-time favorite seasonal candies and I can't get any. Definitely a crisis.

The only thing keeping me from sending my dog with a coin purse and a note pinned to her pumpkin sweater is the fact that there's a new bag of holiday hershey kisses in the kitchen. They're no Cadbury egg, but they'll do in a pinch.....

5 comments:

Amy Covey said...

If I lived closer I would definitely come to your rescue (of course, only after I bought one for myself!) I think next time you are out, you need to stock up to prevent a future crisis!

Anonymous said...

I just learned of these from Jill too. Sorry we can't help. This reminds me of my excitement several years ago when they made Christmas Peeps. Aunt Jenni

Jill said...

Brenda got lucky and was the recipient of one (trade off for keeping Luke for a night... Lori, if you want to babysit, I'll buy you one too!) I found it at Walgreens, and can't believe I only bought 2! They were always my favorite easter treat, and I love that they were smart enough to repackage and use them for Christmas! Now, couldn't there be a Ghost cream egg, turkey cream egg, fireworks cream egg, ... one for each holiday so they are available year round??

Anonymous said...

I hope you've fed the beast by now. By the way, how's your sugar count after having Quinn?

~Lori said...

nancy: who knows? apparantly they don't care about my sugar once the baby is born. :)
And no, still no cadbury egg...... Kara did check Walmart and CVS and didn't find any at either place.