CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 10, 2007

My Big Adventure- almost as exciting as Pee Wee's.

I got to go out in the real world today.

I drove my car for the first time in over a month, which was kind of strange at first...although, I'm still not fully self-sufficient yet; I had to wait for Joe to get home from work so he could put Quinn's carseat in the car (it's still over my lifting limit for another couple of weeks). I drove him (Quinn, not Joe- Joe was at basketball practice) out to mom and dad's and dropped him off (well, mom had to get the carseat out of the car for me!) and off I went.

First stop: salon. Actually, I take that back. My first stop was McDonalds for a coffee. Then I hit the salon. I caught up on the past week's accounting and made a shopping list. Next, beauty supply: I loaded up the cart...and then the sales girl had to load it into my trunk for me. Again, bags of shampoo and developers too heavy to lift.
Then I had free time, so I went to Kohls...I went with the intention of doing some Christmas shopping; instead, I left with 5 new shirts for me and a roll of wrapping paper. So what if I have no gifts to wrap in it! :)
After that, I went to a friend's jewelry party. Again, supposedly to Christmas shop. I did buy one gift, but I walked away with new earrings, watch, and bracelet for ME.

There you have it- my first day out on the town in over a month. It was pretty nice to have a little bit of free time to do some aimless shopping. Thanks, mom and dad, for babysitting! :)

7 comments:

Julie said...

All that shopping and you didn't get your cadbury candy???

~Lori said...

I can't believe I forgot to look for it!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

So did Mom take a day off school to babysit? Sounds like you got a lot into one day. Aunt Jenni

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's a long time to be at home, so of course it was all about you! how much longer can you milk the lifting limit? Don't rush it. I guess Joe will just have to buy you small things, like jewelry.

Amy Covey said...

WOW...that is a pretty exciting adventure. I'm glad you got some time to go out into the real world again. I looked all over VW for Cadbury ornaments and couldn't find one. What kind of a town do I live in??

~Lori said...

Nancy: I go back to the Dr. on the 27th, then after that I'll be (hopefully) cleared to lift things heavier than Quinn.

Yeah...I guess I didn't realize that Mom wasn't at school- I have no idea what day is what anymore. She was, uh, sick.....er....yeah..
definitely not playing hookey to go shopping herself.....

Jill said...

Ok, so that was going to be my first question until I saw someone beat me to it.. no cadbury egg??? I don't know that I could handle that long at home - I go stir crazy way too quickly!