CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 08, 2006

Friday Night Sights

First of all, a few thoughts on the family photo posted in the previous post:
1. Yes, I very much think that my dad looks a whole lot like his dad.
2. I also think that he looks like his uncle Roger; there's a picture of the 2 of them and they look very similar...I should find it and post it.
3. I am not sure what Lisa is looking at in photo #2, but I'd also like to know.
4. I especially like how we represent the four seasons: Joe and I are in fall sweaters; Lisa is in a spring-ish polo shirt and jeans; Dad and Rylee are definitely in summer clothes, and John is wearing a winter hat. It's funny how 68 degrees can feel warm to some people, and cool to others...although, to John's credit, he has been in Mississippi for quite a while and it's pretty hot there, so Ohio probably feels cold, relatively.
5. I didn't notice the broom when I was taking the photo. Nice photographer's eye, eh?

On to other thoughts:
I rode my bike to Kara's house tonight to watch the football game from her front porch with her and Rylee. Good times. However, halfway there, my chain fell off my bike, so walked my bike to her house, looking like a big ol' dork.
(Kara and I did some bike repair before I left so I could ride it back home.)
I rode home in the dark, because, well, in Ohio in September, it's already dark at 9:10 p.m. Good to know in case you think you might want to go riding on the poorly lit streets around here.

I'm still enjoying 90210 (it's on the Soap Net 2 times a day, so I DVR it and watch it at night!) Today I watched one in which Keri Strug guest-starred. I never reallized how much she looks/acts like What's-his-name (You know, "Mango" from SNL) until I saw her try to act on 90210. She's, for lack of better term, icky.

Have a busy day at work tomorrow so I have to get up early, beat the bridal party to the salon. Ugh. Waking up early is not my strong point. I don't know how teachers do it! I struggle to make it to work by 10!

Happy weekend, everyone!

3 comments:

Jill said...

Ok, here are my thoughts...
First of all, you know I had to go back and look for the broom! It was sort of a "where's waldo" moment for me. Secondly, I agree with Brenda on your dad's resemblance to grandma. As they all get older ( I said "older", not "Old"!) I think all the moms/aunts/uncles look so much alike, and I never noticed it before. And Lori, does your town have public transportation? I'm thinking you may need to go the route of a bus pass, as you don't have much luck with personal transportation, as in the previous car incident and now the bike. Try hitchhiking too... maybe K-Fed will give you a ride.

Brenda said...

Ok, Jill, I give..what's with the K-Fed hitchiking reference?

Amy Covey said...

Heehee - guess your bike riding didn't go so well, huh? And for the record, I noticed the broom in the background right away. I've turned into a total photo snob and unconciously critique every photo I see now!