CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 18, 2006

Still awake...

It's 11:23, and I'm wide awake. Nowhere NEAR sleepy! It could be because I slept a little (ok, a lot!) later today, but hey, it's my day off and I"ll sleep in if I want to! I probably would have slept even later, had two annoying Jehovah's Witnesses not been banging on my door. And I mean banging! Knock once, OK, But ringing the doorbell repeatedly and banging on the door is not acceptable!
Don't they know people are still asleep at noon on Monday!?
Eh....
OK, most people are halfway through their workday at noon on Monday, but that's beside the point.
I did manage to get quite a lot accomplished today, after my looong sleep: Went to the grocery store, cleaned the kitchen and the bathroom, cleaned out my closet and rearranged it, put away the remainder of my summer clothes and organized my boots. (Yes, I have THAT many boots that I have the need to actually organize them!) Oh, and I did pilates. That took a lot of effort for my lazy self to do, but I did it. My joints creaked the entire way through, but I did it. Yay for me!

The newest annoyance of my house? Slugs.

Twice in the past three days, I have found a slug in the laundry room. I'm telling myself it's the same slug, and he just found his way back in 2 days later, instead of thinking that we are overrun by the slimy creatures. So I spent some time online finding how to get rid of slugs: Apparently they can squeeze through the smallest of openings, and come in where it's damp (that's not good! does that mean there's a leak?!) But if I set out bowls of beer, they'll crawl and in and die. I'm not sure if they die of drowning or of alcohol poisoning, and I don't care, as long as they don't come in. If I wasn't already in my p.j.'s, I'd be headed to Kroger right now to buy some Busch Lite (no need to make them bloated AND dead, right?) but since I'm all ready for bed (well, except for the sleepy part) it'll have to wait until tomorrow.
I considered root beer- I do have that, but I doubt it will work.
So, tomorrow night, I'll set out the beer, and by Wednesday morning, I'll either have dead slugs, or drunken skunks. Either way, it's bound to be a good time!

Other thoughts:
1. Leaning towards going to the reunion, but leaving after the dinner part. Seems like a fair compromise (to myself, that is.)
2. Cissi's all better, doggie diarrhea is GONE. Thank goodness.
3, 4, 5. Sometimes I wonder if I have a minor case of ADD. I can't simply sit here and blog and be happy...no, I'm blogging, watching E!, eating popcorn, and on commercials, flipping through Glamour magazine. And while I"m doing all of this, I'm thinking I could read another chapter of the paperback I'm almost done with...
6. I'm terrified of slugs. I keep checking the laundry room to make sure it hasn't come back.
7. I'm STILL not tired.
8. And Joe's been asleep for hours.
9. So has Cissi.
10. Did you hear that somewhere overseas (I missed where.) banned super-skinny models? They have to have a BMI of at least 18 (whoa!) to be able to model, because apparently the itsy bitsy ones are leading girls towards more eating disorders (no way!)and it's costing their government money. France? Or maybe it was Italy.
Maybe if I were doing less things at one time, I'd be able to get the details better.

5 comments:

Brenda said...

I heard it was in England and they banned models that were a size 0. There was a picture of one in the paper and she was NASTY looking! Not only a size 0 but probably 6 ft. tall! Gross!
By the way, thank God for slugs in OHio, I have been terrified after finding a tarantula on my front porch and a snake on my back porch. I stayed inside on the phone and cried to Jill until my oh so valiant husband got home and chopped off the vicious snake's head with a garden hoe. Scary!!!

Anonymous said...

I heard Spain. Whatever, I want to live there.
Have you ever salted a slug? I'm sure it would make a mess in your house, but cool to do outside.

Anonymous said...

Another thing (is ADD genetic?): actually, the last reunion I attended, I didn't want to pay for the dinner, & I haven't made Sudsy attend since the 10th, so I just attended- didn't pay, didn't eat, just schmoozed. That's the way to do it. Always leave them wanting more!

Jill said...

Yeah, I'll trade some slugs for Texas crickets. They invade around this time of year, and by invade, I mean the walls outside of walmart are basically wallpapered with them. Not kidding. They are big and black and I hate them. I'll take your 2 slugs!

Amy Covey said...

1. i hope you were finally able to get to sleep.
2. slugs....ewwwww! i've never seen them inside the house though. hope the beer did the trick.
3. i heard about the model thing...I think it was spain....good for them!
4. i have the same form of add! i cannot sit and do just one thing, it drives me nuts!