CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Halloween

I love Halloween. It's in the top 3 of my favorite holidays, definitely. Maybe even top 2. And every year we go to my friend's costume party. It's such a challenge for me to come up with just the right costume. (I know, trivial, but hey, it's a big deal!) I always end up as fictional characters' that must be my thing. Last year I was Rainbow Brite, the year before, Lucy (from I Love Lucy). I tossed around a couple ideas this year, Pippi Longstocking and Punky Brewster were some of them, but I just didn't get that "A-HA!" moment with any of them until today.

This year I'm going as (who else?) LOLA! From the Copacabana! So I need to find yellow feathers for my hair, and listen to the lyrics more closely than before, to find some more details about her. Our party is early this year, because Halloween weekend collides with St. Thomas packing weekend, so we had to move it up.
I'll be sure to put photos on here after the fact.

And since it's now 12:01 a.m., that makes it Thursday (except in Texas, it's still yesterday) which means it's the 28th! Happy Birthday to Identity Hair Salon!! We're 2!

11 comments:

Amy Covey said...

Happy Birthday Identity! How exciting for you. Are you celebrating today?

As far as the Lola costume.....

"Her name was Lola, she was a showgirl. With yellow feathers in her hair, and a dress cut down to there. She would meringue (sp??) and do the cha-cha...And while she tried to be a star, Tony always tended bar...across a crowded floor...she worked from 8-4...they were young and they had each other...who could ask for more?? At the copa...copacabana."

Just for the record, those lyrics were from memory. Quoting Barry Manilow lyrics is just one of my many hidden talents. What's Joe going to be? Perhaps he could be Barry. :)

A Fresh Wind Children's Ministry said...

Congratulations Identity! I'm very impressed and very proud of my cousin Lori =) I'm totally amazed at anyone who can just up and start a business! Way to go---and I still love my haircut =)

Jill said...

Ok, so I was ready to quote the lyrics but Amy beat me to it. Remember, we've even seen Manilow in concert! You definitely need the "dress cut down to there." I think Joe should be Rico, and wear a diamond!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday "identity"! Congrats on another successful year ... and now on to the 3rd :)
love - Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

Happy #2, and many more! Maybe 1/2 way thru' the party you could go as the end of the songshe's old, wacko, with faded feathers. (I'm glad it's that Lola; I was afraid it was L-O-L-A by the Kinks.) Hey! Maybe that's what Joe can be!!
Also: what's the reunion entertainment?
I shall now eat ice cream in celebration of your salon's success. I'll let you know if I have weird dreams.

~Lori said...

I thought about doing the old washed-up, faded feathers version, for the humor of it all.
And I suggested Rico to Joe...I don't think he'll go for it. He said "a diamond? Huh?"
Excellent lyric quoting, Amy. Very impressive!!
Jill, I wish I could see Barry in concert!
Jessica: glad you still like the haircut
Nancy- enjoy the ice cream.
Mom and Dad- Thanks!

Brenda said...

Do you watch Dancing with the Stars? I am picturing the costume the girl from High School Musical wore last week. Check the fabric store for yellow boas.

Brenda said...

Joe has to be Tony! Wear a latin dance outfit like they wear on Dancing with the STars but paint on bruises since he got beat up.
Wait I have to remember the lyrics.

Anonymous said...

Dancing with the Stars is my favorite show! I watch and record it, too, in case I am somehow interrupted during viewing :)
Aunt Barb

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Lori on two years. I can't believe it is 2? Wow. I too knew the lyrics but didn't read this until Saturday am.So many choices for Joe. A singing Barry, Tony with bar accessories or Rico with the diamond Could definitely see him with slicked back hair, latin outfit... Take pictures. Aunt Jenni

Anonymous said...

Me again--I forgot to add that maybe you could wear your Lola and ?? outfits to Grandma's 90th? What do you all think? Aunt Jenni