CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Happy Labor Day.

It's 12:35 a.m., officially Labor Day. Happy day off to everyone! The weekend's been fun; we got a new back door and dining room set. I'll have to post photos, they're so pretty!! Spent the day cleaning, rearranging, vacuuming behind things that haven't seen the vacuum since, well...we won't go there...
Anyway, the house is all sparkles now, and were de-summerizing the place; taking air conditioners and fans out of windows, getting long-sleeve clothes out, swapping closets (er, clothes presses!)
I actually wore a sweater to dinner Saturday night!
Fall is definitely here. I love it. I got out my pumpkin-scented candles, my autumn leaf place mats, and the mugs (for hot cider and tea!) and put away the flip flops and the capris. It's time for jeans.

Cissi is having a hard time adjusting to the cooler weather; she's a real sunbather, and when it gets cold she just sits around and shakes all day. I think we got the fireplace more for her than anyone!

This is so random, I'm so deleriously tired.
Must. Go . To. Sleep.

Dinner w/ Lisa and John tomorrow: yay! I"ll post photos of that too.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Are you kidding me? It was so "cool" here today that my children actually went outside in the afternoon and played on our sun-cracked lawn. I weeded the flower bed, which hasn't felt water in weeks. It is going to in the low 90's this week, which is so great since it was 100 last week! Bless you and your window unit air conditioners, sweaters and autumn scents. It is still the middle of summer down here!

Anonymous said...

I hope you also put away ALL your white things--no white after labor day you know. I am ready to enjoy Fall too but not ready to give up the capris and sandles quite yet. Sounds like John did get home. Hooray for Lisa!! Aunt Jenni

Amy Covey said...

OOh - new furniture - can't wait to see photos. I'm right with you on the fall things. As much as I love summer and can't for it to come, I'm always ready to move on to all the yummy fall things - jeans, caramel apple scented candles, warm drinks, and leaves. I will be very sad to put away my capris and flipflops though. I just don't love my fall wardrobe near as much as I love my capris and flipflops. Maybe I need to go shopping....

Brenda said...

White after Labor Day is now acceptable, as long as it is seasonally appropriate. It can be worn year round with the right accessories! I read a lot of magazines, so I know!