CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 11, 2006

Joe hates Kelly, but I can't get enough her, and all the rest!

Joe came home for lunch today, and I was doing laundry and watching (what else?) 90210. (Can I help it if Soap Net runs excessive amounts of their reruns??)
And he said he is so tired of my Beverly Hills friends that he wants to "kick in the TV screen".
Well.
He just doesn't understand- those are my FRIENDS! Yes, I know, it's delusional, and they are not real people, but hey, Kelly Taylor and I go way way back. I mean gosh, I saw her through many relationships, mostly with Brandon, a nasty fire, all stages of hair styles, not to mention a quick drug addiction and a stalker! I can't let her go now, just because she's in syndication, can I???
And while we're on the topic, lets talk about another good friend, Carrie Bradshaw. I like her so much, sometimes I think I AM her! Yes, I have the episodes on DVD, and yes, I've seen them all many times, but when they play a rerun on TBS, I can't turn away!
There's other good friends I like to check in with on a regular basis, including Joey Potter, Rachel Green, Dr. Green, Felicity, the entire Party of Five, and even Kelly, Zack, and Slater! We've got history, I can't leave them behind.

And now there's the new friends that I love just as much as the old ones: Lauren (aka "LC"), Meredith Gray, and all the girls on Wisteria Lane! Not to mention the new NBC dramas that look SO good.

And my favorite network friend, Dr. Alex Karev. See? We really are friends. Who's laughing now? :)

8 comments:

A Fresh Wind Children's Ministry said...

Ok, help a girl out here...who is Dr. Alex Karev?????
Just think of it this way, I'm so out of it by American culture, I'll fit right in in Poland!

Jill said...

How did you manage that photo? You're a lucky girl to have friends like that! I'm waiting for my high school friends to return - Ryan, Seth, Summer (the OC!) and see how they are doing after a long time away!

Amy Covey said...

Shame on Joe! He should not bash your friends like that. :) You know, we all really need to live closer together so we could share our addiction to all these TV shows and watch them together. By the way...I just saw that Dirty Dancing is on again tonite in case you're wanting to bond with those friends again.

Anonymous said...

Exciting news! Only 24 hours until we can see Mario Lopez "Dancing with the Stars". Added bonus - Joe (don't call me Joey) Lawrence.

~Lori said...

Jessica- he's on Grey's Anatomy.
Jill- I met him (stalked him, whatever) at the Relay for Life; he's from Springfield. :)
Amy- I agree, if we lived closer we'd definitely be having a TV night!!!
Nancy: WHOA!

Brenda said...

Who are my friends??? 90210, Melrose Place, Party of Five, the OC kids, Lauren and definitely my very best friend of all...Carrie Bradshaw. Why do we want to be her? She's desperately alone, has no financial stability and lives in a crappy tiny apartment. Oh yeah, because she's tiny, has great shoes, works her own hours, lives in an exciting city and goes out to dinner every night. I was really hoping we could meet up in NYC, but sadly, she's just an obsession, not my friend like I thought!

A Fresh Wind Children's Ministry said...

Ok, well I will openly admit that I sometimes have a hard time distinguishing between what happens in reality and what happens with my friends on Lost. Is it bad when you start a sentence with "Yeah, that reminds me of this one time on Lost..."????

~Lori said...

Jessica, that happens a lot to us at work: We'll be talking about something, some client's relationship, etc., and we'll say "Oh, yeah, remember that happened to Carrie and Samantha and...oh wait, not real people". Too funny!