CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 16, 2006

To Go or Not to Go? THAT is the question.

edited, in the name of not making waves.

On to other topics:
I have another great TV show I'm already hooked on, after only 2 episodes: Men in Trees. It's really good! I'm probably partial to it because it's by the creators of Sex and the City, but I do like it. Think Carrie Bradshaw goes to Northern Exposure. It's a cute show, predictable, but fun.

Went to the library and checked out some CDs. I got all 4 volumes of Rod Stewart's "Great American Songbook"- very singable! (I tend to judge my CD's on whether they are good to sing along to in the car.)

I've been to Steak and Shake three times this week. That's more than I usually go in one year! I met a friend there for lunch earlier this week , and then went shopping, then went back later for the shakes we didn't have room for at lunch. And then Joe had me pick up his dinner from there tonight, so I got a shake tonight too. It's yummy (mocha) but I'm about all Steak and Shook up for a while, I think.

No bird love seat yet. I wonder if that was just a myth?

Went to the high school game Friday night. I've never seen so many people get so excited about a high school ripping off a college halftime show! Go script Ohio!! (Really, go Michigan!!!!!)

And since I'm counting, I leave for St. Thomas in 44 days.

10 comments:

Jill said...

Ok, I am a No-vote for the reunion, only because I didn't attend mine. But, if you enjoyed your class and are close to them and would like to see them, then go. If you see the people you'd want to see anyhow on a regular basis, then don't go. I'm with you on Men In Trees. I caught it by chance the first night and found myself recording it last night too. We'll see if it lasts... most Friday shows don't seem to hang around long!

Anonymous said...

Add me (and Dad) to the list of Men in Trees fans. Now about the reunion ... based on family history, you are leaning towards "not going", since neither of your parents (including the PGHS class president) have attended any class reunions during the past 39 years. So the question remains, "Do you follow school tradition or family tradition?" Try humming the Jeopardy theme song and make a decision when it ends! MOM

Amy Covey said...

Hmmm...seems like it definitely runs in the family to NOT attend class reunions. I have never attended one of mine...I really have no desire to. But, I have attended 2 of Chris' and the scary thing is that I am really good friends with a lot of people in his class and don't keep in touch with ANYONE from mine. Strange. My vote is to hang out with your sister. :)

No bird love seat yet? Blogit!

Amy Covey said...

AND...when is Men in Trees on and what channel??? I can always use another show to get addicted to. :)

Anonymous said...

I saw the pilot & thought it was pretty good,too, even tho'I'm not a very big Ann Heche fan (altho I still like Ellen).
Consider this about the reunion - networking! "What do you do,Lori?"
"I have a salon in Springfield. Here's one of my cards."

Brenda said...

Where do I find this Men in Trees? I finally caught another guilty pleasure, which I can blame on Marcus and Carsyn...The Cheetah Girls 1 and 2. Love love love them!

Brenda said...

Check my blog later for the sister/friend theory to test it since you, kara and lori are another perfect case study!

Brenda said...

Check my blog later for the sister/friend theory to test it since you, Kara and Lisa are another perfect case study! This has to do with your lack of interest in reunions!

Anonymous said...

Love "Men in Trees"--saw the pilot then watched Friday night. So far it doesn't look like anything interferes on fridays. How about "House"? i can blame that one on Brenda--started watching at her house last fall. Also, I was so bored two weeks ago when I was alone, that I watched "Cheetah Girls". I think I need to get a life. As for the reunion--I said before I went 3 times but once was Las Vegas so worth it. Uncle Bill went once and will never go again. He enjoyed mine more than his. I say spend the time with Lisa. Aunt Jenni

~Lori said...

Good point, Nancy, it would be good networking. I'm really still up in the air about it. Maybe I"ll go and take Lisa as my date? =)

Brenda- you would definitely like Men in Trees, based on the other shows you watch. And since the rest of us all watch it, you should too!