CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Airbag story, take two.

Apparently, fixing a mutant airbag is easier said than done. We dropped the car off at the dealership yesterday, and I drove home in my loaner ride (a G6, which is nice, but white, and I hate white cars). They said they'd get it fixed ASAP and call me today w/ an update.
So Anne from the dealership calls me today and said that the engineers told her to stop touching the car, they'd "done too much already" and I need to call this number to speak to the Allegation Department before anyone was allowed to touch my car.

I now refer to GM as General Mafia, because they are acting all secretive like that.

SO- I call this "Valerie" woman who says I have to fill out an Allegation Report, because basically they don't believe my story. They're sure I must have hit something, even though I tell them I didn't, and I have a witness and a police report to prove it. Arrgh.

The point of all this is that I had the most mind-numbing conversation with Valerie today, so that we could recount the details of my "accident". It went something like this:

Valerie: So you're saying you were just driving along, and your airbag deployed.

Me: Yes.

Valerie: Where is the car now?

Me: At the dealership.

Valerie: Do you plan to take it in for service?

Me: hm...yeah. It's already there.

Valerie: Oh, so it's at the dealership already?

Me: Yes.

Valerie: Which dealership?

Me: Isn't that already in your records?

Valerie: Oh yeah. Right.

Me: MmmHmm.

Valerie: So, You were just driiiving along and boom? Airbag?

Me: Yes.

Valerie: How many people were in the car?

Me: Just myself.

Valerie: And where were you sitting?

Me: Um, in the drivers seat.

Valerie: And the car was in motion when this happened?

Me: Yes.

Valerie: How fast were you going?

Me: About 5 m.p.h.

Valerie: And who was driving?

Me: ME!

Valerie: And you were just driiiiiving along and the airbag deployed?

Me: YES!

Valerie: Was anyone hurt?

Me: Yes, I was, on my-

Valerie: I'll get those details later. Was anyone else hurt?

Me: Uh...no.

Valerie: Was there anyone else in the car with you?

Me: (?) NO.

Valerie: And you were driving, correct?

Me: Yes. I was alone. Driving my car. In the driver's seat.

Valerie: Were you wearing your seatbelt?

Me: Yes.

Valerie: How were the road conditions? Was there any ice or snow?

Me: Uh, no, it happened last Friday. August 4. No snow.

Valerie: And where is the car now?

Me: At the dealership!

I think you get the idea. This went on for thirty minutes. So now she sends this report to "them" (the mafia?) and I wait. Until....?????

2 comments:

Amy Covey said...

OH my! Sounds like quite the phone conversation. Good luck getting it all figured out.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you should change your survey under whose butt you'd like to kick! Time to call in Joe's mama!