CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Unbelieveable, but true!

First things first: The Solstice is back in the driveway. New steering wheel, no explanation of the 'malfunction'. I figure it's some don't ask/don't tell policy of the GM mafia.

All time favorite movie is on TV tonight: Dirty Dancing! Nobody puts Baby in a corner. Man, that Johnny can dance!!! (Funny little piece of info about this movie: I watched it for the first time at my friend Valerie's house- when I wasn't supposed to- when it first came out on video...and I just plain didn't get it. Watched it again in college and thought "ooohhh....that's what they mean by getting Penny in trouble"...I just thought it was a fun dance movie and Penny had the flu!!)

And- saving the best for last-
You'll never guess what we're getting soon.....
*******
(I feel like this is pretty cool so it should have some building up here...)
****
drumroll goes here
*****
dum dum dum.....
*****

A
BIRD
LOVESEAT!

No kidding! Apparently, the previous owner of the bird couch also had a matching love seat, and has since passed away and we are now the rightful owner of another avairy situpon!
(Go Dad! Nice find!)

WOO HOO!!!

(p.s.- situpon is a Davisism, much like mustgo and using Benny)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

situpon: an essential piece of Girl Scout equipment used frequently at Camp Chickagaumee ... i.e. When the ground is wet,it is important to take a situpon to the campfire circle. Mom

Congrats on owning two bird couches!

Amy Covey said...

No way....a matching bird loveseat?!?!? You're so lucky. And so glad to hear that the car is back in your driveway.

Oh and just for the record...I totally got the Davisism's. :)

Jill said...

What about the "davenport"? That was the word I had heard for couch that I never quite understood. And I do know the situpon from my Girl Scout Days!! So my question is, do you even like birds now that you'll have a complete bird ensemble??

Anonymous said...

A true situpon is vinyl or plastic covered--is your birdloveseat vinyl covered or is that only for strict piano teachers ?(another Davisism). I haven't had "mustgo salad" in a very long time. Reminds me of camping days before the double cousins were born. Aunt Jenni