CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Put Your Thinking Caps ON.

Yes, school's back in session. Not that it really makes any difference to me, since I work year round, but to all of you teachers out there, my sympathies are extended. (As long as you're feeling bad for me when I'm waking up to go to work on Saturday mornings and you are all sleeping in and watching cartoons~ oh wait, most of you aren't 8....)

Anyway, I've somehow become a planner of my high school 10-year reunion. I know, I know, but I'm in that position now, and it's too late not to be.
So, the part I need help with is this:
We've got no money. The money we're collecting per person will cover the dinner and the room reservation. Other than that, no planning funds.

What possible entertainment can we offer for these people, that will cost little to no money? Any ideas?? Anything??? I'm out.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

1.Karaoke, featuring songs from your formative years. (This will be esp. popular if there is booze involved.
2.A musical/dance/baton review as performed by your youngest aunt & mother(see parentheses above).

Amy Covey said...

Perhaps Chuck Norris would be interested in donating his time to entertain you and your classmates. :) (I'm sure you wanted serious ideas...but I'm stumped!)

~Lori said...

I think I'll go w/ the boozed up aunt twirling/singing karaoke. Sounds the best so far! :)

Jill said...

Seeing as I have never attended a reunion and probably never will, I'm at a loss too. This is your relatives you're talking about... you're not going to get many serious responses you know! But I will pay to be a guest to see the whole aunt routine, or at least buy the DVD.

Anonymous said...

Can't help you much. I have gone to 3 (do I win for attendance??) One was a picnic, one a tailgate and football game with a dinner at local restaurantthe next night--(both of which we just hung out and talked) and the third was in Las Vegas but you need a classmate to live there and plan it. Good luck. Jenni

Anonymous said...

I could provide a travelog of several hundred pictures of Hawaii. Dad

Anonymous said...

I have not attended any of my class reunions, but I did purchase a picture of the classmates who attended our first one. Are you going to have someone take a group photo and sell reprints? Mom

Anonymous said...

Better yet, YOU take the class pix & sell it for a profit!! And now that I've read your Dad's comment, your Mom & I could do an interpretive hula while he presents the travelog! I still have a fire baton.

Anonymous said...

Ok, me again. I read your post again, & it sounds as tho' the food is provided. What about charging for the food (as least a portion of it) and using some of that $$ for a karaoke machine (or dj, or...)?