CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 25, 2006

Why do the pages of Vogue look vaguely similar to a trashbag full of hand-me-downs from Aunt Jenni?

So, I'm sitting here thinking about Brenda's side ponytail, and contemplating all the 80's fashion don'ts that are now dos;

Side ponytail? OK. Cute.
Headbands? Again, cute.
Denim jackets? We've all got one, so it had better be cute!
Neon colors...eh...haven't decided yet. I think a teen could pull it off.
Denim miniskirts? Love 'em.
Black and white striped off-shoulder v-neck tee? Want one, haven't gotten one yet.
Printed tights? Bought my first pair of the season yesterday. (Brown argyle, in case you're wondering.)
Leggings under skirts? Cute for teens, I'm too old.
Flats/ballet slippers (a.k.a. Sam & Libby's!)? Finding myself wanting them more each day!
Big hair? Check! I dug out my hot rollers the other day; bought a new curling iron day. Haven't used the flat iron in a while.
Big earrings? Got 'em.

But two things I just can NOT bring myself to wear:
1. Skinny Ankle Jeans
2. Leg warmers.

I saw both at Target the other day. I guess you need the skinny jeans so the leg warmers can fit over the ankles?
Ew.

Oh, and speaking of the 80's, let's talk movies.
I still hate the Breakfast Club. But I did watch Pretty in Pink the other night- and I thought "here we go, another Molly Ringwald trainwreck". But, it wasn't too bad. I won't give it a "good" rating, but definitely not horrible.

But can Blane be any uglier?
Why's Molly got to have a sped boyfriend??

8 comments:

Jill said...

Love the title... did you 3 ever get new clothes or just wear our leftovers? :) As I'm reading this, I'm watching footloose. I heard that leggings are back in style - all that comes to mind are leggings with stirrups, and a large, heavy sweater that goes to the knees with it. Um, not going there this season, especially while pregnant. What an image. How about the pegged bottom to the jeans when they were too long? I seriously had a music teacher at my school last year that did that. I so wanted to call TLC and put her on What Not To Wear!

~Lori said...

Yeah, basically I got slim-to-none in the new clothes department. Between Kara, Jessica, Amy, Brenda, Jill, and the clothes mom MADE (ehh) why buy new I could wear what 5 people before me wore?
p.s...Lisa got new, because it was out of style by the time it got to HER. Hmm.....

Jill said...

All that matters is that you make up for it now, by buying lots of new clothes! :)

Anonymous said...

I have officially moved from blogg-reader to anonymous blogg-commenter, so, my little Green Kangaroo ... I just need to say that although you indeed wore many outfits from the Davis,Big Sister, and Made with Love by Mom clothing lines, I have many photos of you in "Lori originals", too :) MOM

Anonymous said...

I resemble this whole blogger posting (or whatever you call them). Did you know I JUST got a box of Davis clothes back from your mom? Now they are being used by grandchildren for "dress up clothes"--which in my estimation is what ALL 80's clothes should be used for. ps Did you get any cheese with your whine? Aunt Jenni

Amy Covey said...

Hey - those were some high quality 70s and 80s fashions we passed on to you!! Glad you enjoyed them. :) By the way - I am definitely putting a side pony tail in Jenna's hair and taking a photo. I'm just not sure of the "cool" way to do it. I may have to do some research first.

Anonymous said...

Well, I guess you opened a can of worms with this generation! Waah! Actually, we're still laughing about the disreputable clothes you always had to wear. What about my 2 kids? Poor Kyle, having to wear hand-me-downs from 7 girls! (Although there is that outfit with legwarmers that G'ma & Aunt Barb bought. I'm wondering when it's the right time to show the girlfriend that pix.)

Brenda said...

I just watched Can't Buy Me Love today and reviewed the fashions that have come back. I am with you on the hair trends- ponytails, big hair, headbands... all excellent. LUckily I am blessed with the ability to have very big hair. But how do you use hot rollers? I have none!
Skinny jeans and flats??? way too short and curvy... no thanks!
By the way... is that a fellow middle child i hear whining???