CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 04, 2006

Airbags. Hah! Ouch.

I got beat up by an airbag today. I was driving along (in my new Solstice, p.s.) at a speed of about 4 m.p.h. (I was still in 1st gear, if that tells you how "fast" I was going) and the car horn started to honk on its own. Strange, yes? So I started to pull over and check it out, and then out of nowhere, the airbag blew up on me! Luckily my arm was up, because I was turning the wheel, so it hit my arm (rather than my face!).
And then the car horn wouldn't stop honking, and neigbors started coming outside, and airbag "fluff" was smoking out of the steering wheel; someone called the police (I'm not really sure why?) and 2 police cars showed up, started taking photos....it was really a fiasco.
And now my arm hurts. It's my 'round-brushing' arm, too (that's my right arm, for those of you not familiar w/ hair-speak~). I have a feeling it'll be bruised up in the morning.

I'm still pretty baffled by the whole incident.

4 comments:

A Fresh Wind Children's Ministry said...

And then did you find 5 Dollars?
(Glad you're ok!) Nancy G.

Hi there from me (Jessica) too! I'm also glad that you're ok and have you forgiven the Solstice? Craziness! Maybe she's upset you've been abusing her gears??? Your blog is bloggin' hilarious. Love it!

Amy Covey said...

WOW- that is crazy! I wonder what happened. Thank goodness you weren't driving faster! Hope your arm is okay!

PS Love the new title of your blog!

Jill said...

That's crazy! So do you get to sue the company and get rich?? Maybe all your customers will opt not to have their hair dryed and styled for the next few days... And I just need to know... Do you really have a bird couch?? If so, you need to post that photo!

Amy Covey said...

OH yeah....we definitely need a photo of you bloggin' on the bird couch!!