CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Babwa, Wednesday, and Sam Walton

I really can't stand Barbara Walters. I'm hanging out here, tails on the bird couch (mine and Cissi's!) watching the View, enjoying my day off; just sitting here not liking Barbara.
First of all, I don't even like the View, I'm just too lazy to change the channel today. It's a horrible show, almost as bad as Oprah, and the only good thing about it is Joy. In my opinion it should be the Joy show.
Ever since Star "left", it's really been apparent to me what a big ol' bully Barbara really is and I just want to reach into the tv and snatch that great big flower right off her ill-fitting blazer!

Enough about her though. It's Wednesday, so that means day off for me (one of three, you know...) and so far I'm enjoying it. I did do a little bit of work, wrote some paychecks, did some accounting paperwork, but now I'm done and it's on to more important things: finishing my coffee and seeing if there's any good Lifetime movies on today! Also on the agenda for the day: Give myself a pedicure, blowdry my hair, read some more of my latest James Patterson novel, and later on, ride my bike to the park to check out 4 year old soccer practice. (My friend's daughter is a new soccer player). I love Wednesdays!

OH! And most importantly.....dum dum dum....(there's so much to write about today~) today is the day that THE NEW SUPER WALMART OPENS!!!!!
Oh. My. Gosh.
If you live in U-town, you know what a big deal this is, but for those of you who don't live here, it's pretty much the second coming of Christ. Maybe even bigger. They've got the high school band, the cheerleaders, majorettes, all in full uniform and glory (and probably sweat, today) to welcome in the best of the worst of the Wal Mart shoppers.
It's bigger than the fair!
I, personally, won't be checking out the new digs, I don't much care. Although, I did notice a new SHOE store in the strip mall, and that I'll definitely be checking out, to add to my ever-growing collection of boots...but I think I'll wait for all the hoopla to die down.
Happy b-day Super Wal Mart! Welcome the demise of the downtown businesses....

0 comments: